Saatchi Online holds a regular free art competition entitled the Showdown. The most recent one has just been announced and is titled Places and Spaces.
The Showdown is an online art contest held by Saatchi Online whereby artists can compete with other artists for a chance for an art show at Saatchi Gallery in London, England, along with great cash prizes.
Submissions for Places and Spaces are open to all genres of visual art – painting, photography, sculpture, collage, etc.
Here is what Saatchi Online has to say about the theme “Places and Spaces”
What do we mean? We are interested in the subject of personal locations. This can be interpreted in a variety of ways from depicting your studio, your hometown, or even where you see yourself in the future. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box, some people consider home a person, an object or even a pet. We want to get a glimpse into your life and surroundings and see the location that best represents your space, be it mental or physical.
When will the Art Competition Begin?
Submissions for the contest will begin in early September, 2012. Keep an eye on the site if you plan on submitting your entry!
What are the Prizes?
Both the winner and the runner up receive a monetary prize. Currently the top prize is $1000 for first place and $500 for second. Also, both first and second places have the prestigious opportunity of being shown at the Saatchi Gallery in London. The Saatchi Gallery is world renowned for launching the careers of many emerging artists.
How Will Voting and Judging Take Place?
The voting and judging takes place in three rounds:
Round one is a combination of votes from Saatchi Online members and curated voting. The 50 highest voted artworks will advance to the next round, and 250 other works will be specially chosen by a select group of judges to advance.
A special jury directed by Rebecca Wilson (Saatchi Gallery Director) will choose 30 finalists from these 300 to proceed to the final round.
This is the final round, and the winners are chosen by a specially selected judge.
What are the Rules for Saatchi Online Showdown Submissions?
- All Saatchi Online members are eligible to enter the artist competition.
- Only one entry is allowed per artist.
- To vote, you must be a Saatchi Online member. Artists cannot direct people to vote as with other online art competitions (ie Art Takes Times Square). I think this makes the voting fair, as voters are presented works at random.
- Art must be based on the style or theme of the particular Showdown.
- The artwork must not have been entered into a previous Showdown or any other Saatchi Online art competition.
- The artwork must be for sale on Saatchi Online.
- The top 300 artworks are required to be available for purchase (prints or original) at least 6 months after the Showdown ends.
- Winners must have an original artwork to be displayed in Saatchi Gallery in London, England.
We will be writing about other free art competitions soon. If you know of one which our readers might want to know about, please contact us with details.
Post a Comment Blogger Facebook
Thank-you for your comment!