Since the last time I wrote about the perks of the Webydo platform for web designers, I noticed that they have an interesting new feature. This is the introduction of branding capabilities for web designing businesses! Designers can now insert their own logo when they present websites to clients.
Designers are also given a unique log-in page to give to those customers. This login page has the designer’s custom logo (instead of Webydo’s), and allows clients to add or edit certain elements of a website – those allowed by the designer.
Logos are essential for establishing credibility and trust to clients. Logos differentiate your company from others. Having a logo could also be the difference in making sales or not. In the world of web designing, good first impressions are everything – and a good logo will certainly aid in giving that.
Before I talk more about this awesome new feature and the designer’s dashboard, you may want to take a look at our past articles about Webydo:
Adding your Own Logo to Webydo and Overview of Webydo’s Dashboard
- First login to Webydo. Signup first if you do not have an account.
- Go to your dashboard and click the “ My Branding” tab at the top. This will take you to the page as displayed below.
Here, upload a logo for both the dashboard and client’s login page. Notice that they have different dimensions. The dashboard’s logo measures 100 px by 30 px, while the login page’s logo measures 300 px by 60 px.
- Take note of the login page’s URL. This is the page you give to clients while designing the website. This will enable them to login, and add any required elements, such as photos or artwork. When they login to the dashboard, they will only be able to see and work on their own website – not any from your other clients.
- Go back to your dashboard. This is where you can efficiently manage multiple sites at one time.
- Some of this is self explanatory, but I will explain some parts of this dashboard.
New CMS User – If you are designing a website, and want to show the client your progress, you will have to enter their information in this menu. They will also have access to the CMS, and will be able to edit parts of your choosing. Enter an email, password, name, phone, mobile and organization.
- Icons on the dashboard.
Inbox – If you have a form on that particular website, you can review messages here.
View Site – Get a preview of the website without opening the CMS.
Settings – Various site settings, as in the image below.
General – Enter a title and logo here.
Domain - Here is where you can add a new domain for your website.
Password – Place to set and reset your password.
Services – Here, enter Google analytics, webmaster tools, and Google apps code.
CMS – This is another way to get to the New CSS user menu, as explained above.
Duplicate – Create an exact copy of a designed template.
Delete – Deletes your website from Webydo
Support – Contact Webydo support if you need help.
- Publishing your site to the web.
When your website is complete, hit “Update Plan”. The plan per website includes a domain and unlimited CMS users, pages, bandwidth, storage and support.
With features like these, Webydo just keeps getting better. Upcoming features include site responsiveness, blog capability, billing clients directly from Webydo and much more.
If you want to try out Webydo for yourself, go here: Webydo
Also, take a look at our other articles about this code free design studio for web designers: