Orlando, Florida, United States - originally from from Caracas, Venezuela.
Medium: I work with different types of mediums including oil, acrylic, ink , pastels and texture. But for now I have been enjoying working with acrylic and textures on canvas doing abstract art and some traditional art.
Style: Contemporary Art, I enjoy to paint textured abstract art and some traditional art.
Favorite quote: “The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have.” Woody Allen
Favorite book: Who Moved My Cheese? - Spencer Johnson, Md.
Favorite movie: What dreams may come – Robin Williams.
- I am a Psychologist, I have a Master's degree in Human Relations and I am a self-taught artist.
- I was born in Caracas,Venezuela.
- I grew up in an Immigrant family from San Miguel Azores, I immediately became interested in Art, although never actually pursuing this interest.
- As a young adult, I worked in the field of Human Resources, working for various executive firms, including the Hospital Clinicas Caracas, in which I held the role of Human Resources Manager.
- I painted in my free time for all those years, and I am a firm believer that 10% is talent but 90% is work and dedication.
- After years of consideration I made a decision to move to the United States due to the country's political situation.
- Many years went by, until one day I stumbled upon some old paintings I had once treasured, since that day I knew that from this day forth I would paint for the rest of my life.
- Drawing my inspiration from Contemporary Artists, I developed my style creating designs found in our natural environment in an abstract form where the colors relate to my emotions and feelings.
- Painting is a medium I use to express my emotions they are a a tool used to capture ideas and bring happiness for all ages and also to express my vision in this world.
Can you say something about your first experience creating art?
I grew up watching my father he was a great designer. and my mother a great Craftswoman maker They were both a big influence on my creativity.
My first experience creating happened as soon as I could hold a crayon, my favorite gift for Christmas crayon sets known as prismacolor. My favorite thing to paint were landscapes and seascapes. I remember those paintings would have a lot of brilliant colors. Pablo Picasso once wrote, “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.”
Music and art
I play the music that makes me happy, most of the time Country music and Spanish rock, also Mana group from Mexico, I want to connect my feeling and project happiness into my art work. I sing all the time in my studio.
Do you have a day job besides being an artist?
I have worked more than 25 years in executive firms, now I am retired doing what I was meant to do in my life create art.
Is there a message from your art?
That is never is too late to create something interesting in your life. we all have immeasurable capacity to reinvent our lives.
Art is a universal language, regardless of race, color, or religion.
I do not have a specific creative process, each piece is different, is only a connection with my feelings and my emotions at the time.
I love to travel, I am inspired by my travels and I grew up in different cultures, Portugal (Europe), Venezuela ( Latin America), now being here in the United states for 12 years. I have learned to appreciate the colors and designs in this environment. I have seen colors everywhere from mountain, sea, desert..Much of my inspiration comes from nature and its plethora of colors.
Art port Gallery, Orlando International Airport. 2013.
Have you sold any of your art work?
Never, I only share my art for fun, but I have been thinking about possibly selling some pieces.
Online Art Promoting
I recently started promoting my artwork through social media sites such as face book page, Pinterest and my personal website.
There are so many artists that I respect and admire I do not have one in specific, but my major influence was my father.
Tell us about a memorable event in your life
Last year my son Leonardo surprised me. He did a tattoo of one of my paintings I am so happy for the way he has supported my art. That was a great surprise for me and has encourage me to share my artwork.
If you had a chance to live your life again, would there be anything different you would do?
No, I did everything I wanted to do. I have a wonderful family I wouldn't want to change any thing....I have two sons Carlos and Leonardo they are wonderful and I am very proud of them.
Enjoy, create, share and sell my art.
Advice for emerging artists
You need to believe in yourself. Paolo Coelho once wrote: “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”