Free Artist Spotlight Interview - How to Submit your Art
If you are an artist, you can have your artworks featured here in a special article!
If you would like to be a featured artist at this popular art promotion site, please review the following details and guidelines and answer the artist interview questions fully.
How to Get Your Art Featured at ArtProMotivate!
- Each artist spotlite will feature a different inspiring artist. Both established artists, and interesting upcoming emerging artists will be featured. We know how difficult it can be for some artists to get their artworks noticed, so the emphasis will be on these.
- Get insights into what your fellow artists are up to with their art. Each artist will have to fill out a form and submit it to us. If you take the time and effort to fill out the form FULLY, more than likely you will be selected for an artist spotlight at some point.
We will feature all submissions received that meet up to our simple standards below!
We feature non-visual artists too!
If you do not consider yourself a visual artist (painter, sculptor, fine art photographer, digital artist, etc.), you can still be featured at our sister site – Designpromotivate! There, we feature photographers, designers, illustrators, musicians, actors, tattoo artists, writers, bloggers and all other creative genres.
If we are very impressed with your interview, we may decide to feature you at Artpromotivate.
Guidelines for Visual Artist Spotlight
- Try to answer all the questions if you can. The questions are laid out in typical artist artist interview format.
- Your answers along with the images you send will be featured in an article at this blog.
- You will receive a free link to the site you mention in the “website box”.
- If artists include their Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ links, these will also be included.
- Please answer all interview questions in your OWN WORDS. We will not be publishing material that is copy and pasted or appears on another website!
- Try to answer all questions in at least two or three sentences, or more… It will increase your chances of being accepted for a feature article!
- PLEASE BE PATIENT! If you would like to know the status of your submission, please contact us at artpromotivate at gmail dot com
- All featured artists must be subscribers to this blog. Please subscribe here or by filling in your email address in the form above. Please click the verification link that arrives in your email to complete the subscribing process!
Benefits for you!!
- Your spotlight will be permanent, and will never be removed!
- We help promote the spotlight for you, sharing it at various social networks.
- From time to time, we promote works from our artists in featured posts. (For example, 20 Abstract Paintings)
How to Send your Spotlight to us
Please copy and paste all the questions below to a new Word document or email message, and fill in your answer to each of them.
Try to answer all questions if possible. If a certain question does not apply to you, just write “not applicable”
Email the Word document or message to email@example.com
Attach 3 -5 images of your artwork, along with a profile photo. (Max. size 200kb)
In the subject of the email, state your name followed by “Artist Spotlight”
IMPORTANT!! Save your interview to your computer before sending.
You have 2 options!
- Write an original article about your art. (at least 700 words)
- Or… answer the questions below!
Artist Spotlight Interview Questionnaire
Region and Country:
Primary Creative Genre:
(examples: visual artist, illustrator, photography, musician, writer, actor, etc.)
>> Please suggest a descriptive article title for your artist interview:
>> Give an introductory paragraph about yourself and your artwork:
>> Please tell us about your first experience creating.
>> What music do you like to have playing while creating art?
>> If you have a job besides being an artist, can you tell us about it?
>> What are you trying to convey to viewers through your art?
>> Tell us about your creative process, from the beginning of a typical piece to its completion:
>> What things inspire you to create art?
>> What exhibitions have you had? (please provide a short summary if the list is long)
>> Have you sold any of your artworks? How?
>> How do you promote your art on the internet?
>> Tell us about influences, if any:
>> Please recommend another artist you admire, and tell us a little about them:
>> Tell us something interesting in your life (such as achievements, funny story, places travelled, etc.):
>> Do you have an embarrassing moment in your life?
>> If you could live your life over again, would there be anything you would do differently?
>> What plans do you have for the future of your art?
>> Do you have any good advice for emerging artists?
>> Can you tell us how Artpromotivate has helped you? (This answer may be published on a special page at Artpromotivate. Your name will be included, along with your website)
>> (Optional) Will you give us permission to publish your images/ text elsewhere in special promotions of artists. (YES or NO) Examples would be Youtube slideshows and free ebooks displaying the works of artists. If you say YES, you will be fully credited as creator of the artwork(s).
Optional (answers will not be published):
Is there any particular topic you would like us to write about?
Is there any particular portfolio site(s) that you recommend we review?
Please list the titles of your artworks in this format: Artwork Name © Your Name
(Eg. Entwined © Graham Matthews) and if possible, say something about each one.
*If you have created Youtube videos of your art, you can include the link to the page. We may include it along with your spotlight.
How to be featured here again
If you have been interviewed here in the past, you are eligible to be featured again! Here are some possibilities for your new article:
- New series – You have the option of answering all questions again or writing a unique article (greater than 700 words) about your new series.
- New exhibitions – same as above
- Write a unique article at least 700 words in length about any art related topic you have knowledge about (ie art technique, how you promote art, commentary, etc.) Include a brief bio, website link, and photos to illustrate your article.
- Create your own series of questions, and answer them!
Artist Spotlight Terms
*The only thing we ask to be featured is to subscribe to Artpromotivate. Please subscribe here or by filling in your email address in the form above. Please wait for a verification link to arrive in your email to complete the subscription process!
** By submitting, you give us permission to post your responses and images at ArtProMotivate. Your images, links, and questions answered will never be shared elsewhere, except through our own direct promotions of the article. (ie. Sharing the spotlite at Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Linkedin, etc.) We encourage you to share your spotlight with your contacts as well.
You also give us permission to post your images in other posts at Artpromotivate. Each time, you will be credited and a link to your artist spotlight will be near the image.
These are free promotions for you!
*** Feel free to promote your own spotlight as much as you can. We have specially created badges for featured artists which may be found at the banners page. Simply link the image with your spotlight feature.
****Your email will only be used to contact you in regards to the artist spotlight feature, and will never be shared.
*****Please consider sharing this page with your Facebook, Google+ , Twitter, and artist networks. This will help us feature more artists here in the future!
If you know of an artist who would benefit from this free service, please let them know!
Thank-you and we are looking forward to featuring you!!