This fall Artists Wanted, Scope Art Show, and See // Exhibition have teamed up to hold the third annual Art Takes Miami, which will give thousands of artists around the world an opportunity for international recognition, including great cash prizes. The art contest has a grand prize winner, including various secondary prizes - Category awards, 1001 Artists Project, and People’s Choice Award.
The first part of the entry process is reminiscent of the Art Takes Times Square competition in New York City held earlier this year.
If you entered or voted on this one, you will recognize the setup right away. Voting and commenting on entries can only be done with those with a Facebook account.
Dates and Deadlines for Entry to Art Takes Miami
Entries are being accepted now, and the deadline is Sept. 30, 2012 (Friday) 11:59pm ET
For those who enter after this date, an additional fee of $10 will be applied. No late entries will be accepted after the final deadline - Oct. 30, 2012 (Friday) 11:59pm ET
When Will Scope Miami 2012 Take Place?
From December 4 to Dec. 9, 2012
First Prize for Art Miami 2012
- The grand prize winner takes part in Scope Art Show and receives a featured booth showcasing their art to artists, gallery owners, buyers, critics, and curators from around the world.
- $10,000 cash – $5000 to go toward the production of the Scope Miami 2012 exhibition, and $5000 as a cash prize to be spent any way the winner wants.
- A luxurious vacation stay at Delano Hotel during Art Basel Miami. Art Miami Basel will take place from Dec. 6th to the 9th in Miami Beach, Florida. 260 galleries from around the world will take part, exhibiting art from over 2000 artists past and present.
- Worldwide Exposure – The winner’s work will be presented to thousands of top connections in the art world, along with the international art media.
- Online Promotions
Each of the sponsors (Artist Wanted, See // Exhibition, and Scope Art Show) will hold their on own online feature of the winning artist, to be promoted to an international audience.
Winners will be selected by a jury from a series of categories, including Painting & Drawing, Sculpture & Installation, Design & Illustration, Motion & Sound, and Photography.
Each of these will receive a feature on their artwork to be promoted online, as well as inclusion in the following publications.
- Art Takes Miami book
- SCOPE Art Show Official Catalog
- 1,001 Artists Project
1001 Artists Project
The Art Takes Miami booth at the Scope Art Show will also include a digital presentation of the artworks from 1001 artists. Winners will be selected by the votes on the Art Takes Miami submitted portfolio.
People’s Choice Award
The winner of this award is selected by public voting, and receives a $2500 cash prize and online art feature.
Scope Art Show - Art Take Miami Catalog 2012
This will feature many artist contestants who have submitted for the Art Takes Miami art competition.
How to enter Art Takes Miami 2012
- Go to the Art takes Miami page at See.me (view full contest rules at this site)
- Enter your name and email in the signup box, or click signup with Facebook.
- Enter your name, profile, a bio or artist statement, and artworks – then click Finish.
- Choose an entry level.
Basic Entry – This costs $15 and includes eligibility for the People’s Choice Award, catalog for Art Takes Miami, and 1001 Artists Project.
Pro Entry – $55 - This includes eligibility for all the basic awards, plus the category prizes and grand prize.
What to do after submitting your Art Takes Miami portfolio
Begin promoting your Art Takes Miami entry.
Ask all your friends to vote for you. Post your entry link at Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and wherever else you have an online profile, and blog about it.
One of the best ways to promote is to contact people personally. Explain to them a little about the art competition, what its about and why you want their vote. Even refer them to this post if you like. A good strategy is to offer people something in return, such as sharing one of their posts.
You are welcome to post your Art Takes Miami submission here at Artpromotivate. Just leave it in the comments section below and tell us a little about yourself and your art.
I will visit and vote for all artists who post their entries here!
Hi! I would appreciate it if you could vote for me on "Art Takes Miami".ReplyDelete
Thank you very much!